Friday, August 19, 2022

Resurrecting and slightly editing an old post from the past

This is a post originally from Sunday, April 7, 2013 that did not get published. Then today, Wednesday, August  24, 2022, I decided to go ahead and share it. This was over nine years ago or 3,425 days.

 

I am not that smart as to be able to know how many days have passed since April 7, 2013, but I used the following website to calculate the difference between these two dates. 

 

3,421 days

Source: https://www.vercalendario.info/en/how/subtract-two-dates.html

Calculate difference between two dates.

 

Wow, where in the heck does time go? I need to get back on track with this blog and stick with it, because life does not stop for anyone, especially me!

 

Once again, what happened on April 7, 2013...

 

I'm walking on sunshine... 

I enjoy walking, not just because it's good physical activity, but it's one of the few things I can do like everyone else. I'm the first one to admit that I do not walk fast, but I can walk and for that I am very grateful that God has blessed me to still be able to get up and move.


I love the great outdoors...
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 29th, 30th and 31st, I got the chance to get outside. It took me a little over an hour to walk a little over a mile each time, but to me, speed is not my sole purpose of walking, because in the realm of things it does not matter and I learned that simple fact in the past after injuring myself when trying to surpass my times. Now my goal is just to get outside and walk so my legs get stronger and I get healthier.


I'm lagging a bit with this post...
When I wrote the above, I was going to write more, but then I got sidetracked and forgot about it until today, Sunday, April 7th, a week after Easter. I have once again been trying to walk this past week, but the wind as been an issue for me, which always is every spring. With winter, I'm not too crazy with the snow and with spring, the wind can be bothersome, so I just have to pick the calm days and get out and walk as much as I can and on the windy days, I walk in the house.


Walking twice in one day...
Last week Tuesday, April 2nd, I went a little nuts when I walked 1.108 miles in the early afternoon from about 2:00 to 3:00 and then I walked the same route and distance later in the afternoon and early evening from about 5:30 to 6:45. Altogether, I walked about 2.216 miles and I've got to admit that I was really tired, but it was a good tired, because I slept really well and most of this winter I have had insomnia because I could not get tired enough to sleep well.

No comments: