Saturday, December 19, 2009

First real snow of the season...

Winter doesn't officially begin until Monday, the 21st, but we got a pretty decent layer of snow this morning - about 4 inches in all. It was a wet snow, which made shoveling more difficult, but I'm sure that if there were any kids out playing in it, they had a good time making snowmen, a small fort or even getting involved in a snowball fight. Ouch, the wet snowball would really hurt if it hit someone in the face. Sounds like a good reason to get revenge by shoving a snowball down inside someone's coat. Burr!!!

I also started getting the first signs of a cold last night when a sore throat began bothering me around 6:00. I know a lot of people have had colds for a few weeks now, so it just finally caught up with me. The sore throat is gone now, but I've been sneezing this afternoon every so often so a cold is definitely in my midst. I got a flu shot back in late October so hopefully I won't come down with the nasty symptoms which come with that.

I went to bed before 9:00 last night not because the sore throat was bothering me, but because I was just plain old tired. Getting up after 10:00 made me feel kind of guilty, but it was Saturday so I figured if I was still tired, I might as well rest. I did exercises in bed for an hour after I woke up so I could get the blood circulating the rest of the day.

No comments: