Saturday, July 17, 2010

2010 Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Fitness Challenge...

And the winner is...
From January 4th to March 31st, Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center in Westerville (where I have been going the last two years for my foot surgeries) had a fitness challenge. My surgeon, Dr. William "Will, not Bill" DeCarbo (who put the halo on the left foot and also did the right forefoot surgery and put the halo on it) is the the prestigious winner. I assumed Dr. DeCarbo had placed his trophy in his family living room where the picture below was taken, but when I asked him where it was, he said it was in a back office room.

Final OFAC 2010 fitness challenge post....WINNER!!!!!!!!

Week 12 challenge, part I complete!


Week 7 Challenge...a glimpse into the winning contestants lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, banana, protein shake, water.
345 calories, 43g proteins,
37.9g carbs, 3g fat!!!

Week 9 challenge complete!!!!!
Criss cross, double jumps...BRING IT!!!

A competitive spirit...
From all outward appearances, I thought Dr. DeCarbo was in really good shape before he started the fitness challenge, but I've got a feeling that as the contest suggests, he likes to physically challenge himself and maybe, just maybe, he likes to egg on his colleagues a tad bit too. At least his sense of humor points in that direction.

Congratulations, Dr. DeCarbo...
It was a tremendous "feat" which he accomplished over the course of 12 weeks, but when it comes right down to it, I'm sure he will also agree being healthy and strong is the best reward possible!

No comments: