Monday, September 13, 2010

Reached another goal...

1.0454 & 59:24. Do you give up what those numbers mean? Well, the first number is a little over a mile and the second set of numbers is how long it took me to walk that far; 59 minutes and 24 seconds. I'm happy with those numbers considering I'm still using the walking boot. My goal was to get under 1 hour, which I just barely made so once I get my new shoe and my foot doesn't hurt as much, I'm hoping to cut my time by at least 5 minutes.

In case you're wondering how I came to that exact mile calculation, I used the Gmaps Pedometer website. After figuring out where and how much I was going to walk at the church parking lot across the street from my home, I simply zoomed into North Star, did a lot of clicking and came up with the answer. It's a pretty cool website in case you ever want to check it out.

Click here to check out Gmaps Pedometer

Yesterday (Sunday) I actually did 2 - 1/2 mile walks instead of doing the full mile at one stretch, and my total time was 50:56. Today I was really struggling with the last four of ten laps so from now on I'm just going to do the 2 - 1/2 miles and play it safe as far as the foot pain is concerned.

I've got to get some more things done so I better get to them.

No comments: