Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Artistic ability runs in the family...

Ever since I was a little kid, I always admired my sister, Ruth, for her amazing ability to draw. Ruth graduated from high school in 1975 and I did in 1979. When Ruth had her school books sitting around, I still remember being very sneaky, and yes, nosy, looking through her art class book of drawings time after time. I'm the first one to admit that I couldn't even draw a simple stick figure without it looking crooked on the page, so I was awestruck with her natural ability.

My Grandpa "Gus" Bensman, was also very talented when it came to drawing animals, so we always figured that Ruth inherited her talent from him.

Then my niece, Abby, came along and the talent was handed down. Abby's mom, Barb, also liked to draw when she was growing up, so Abby received a double dose of artistic ability. Abby is only 11, as of May 4th, and this past summer she decided she wanted to have a blog so I helped her set one up. Below is the link to it:

Abby's Artwork Blog

Abby is taking art classes after school so she will continually include a variety of drawings to her collection. If you bookmark her website, you can check out her art gallery of drawings every week or so. Enjoy!

No comments: